What is Knowledge : Ch-5-17.


Chapter 5: Maintaining One's Position-17.

But we decide ourselves what is expected of us, as if we are omniscient :-

"I know what is required of me, and you are nobody to tell me."

"I cannot accept anybody's advice because I know all things."

"I am not prepared to listen to anybody's advice because I think for myself and do not wish to listen to anybody."

If these are the outlooks generally maintained in your life, then you naturally pay the price for it, and you cannot excuse yourself merely because you do not know the law of the universe.


Law is impartial in every sense of the term; it has neither friend nor enemy.

When I speak of law, I actually refer to the manner in which the universe operates.

The system that is maintained by the universe throughout the stages of what we call its evolutionary process is the law that it maintains simultaneously; and if we are also subject to a sort of evolutionary process because of the fact that we are inseparably contents of this process, it is incumbent upon us to follow this law of the evolutionary process.


The universe evolves as a total whole, and not by bits or parts – even as, when we grow from the state of a child to a more adult condition, it is the whole of the personality that grows, evolves.

Here you have an example of what evolution means. Nothing independently, as an extraneous part, maintains a say of its own. We grow entirely.

Swami Krishnananda
To be continued  .....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VEDANTA FOR BEGINNERS -1 : 24. : 7,8 & 9 - SWAMI SIVANANDA

VEDANTA FOR BEGINNERS -1.7 . SWAMI SIVANANDA

On Reason and Higher Life - 3 : Swami Krishnananda.