What is Knowledge : Ch-1. Part-17.





Ch-1. The Knowledge Situation.


Part-17.

The world does not want us to take it piecemeal.

Would you like me to look at you piecemeal?

Would you be happy?

You would like me to understand you as you are.

Then you would be my friend, and I would be your friend.

If one day I look at your feet, and the next day I look at your nose, and the third day I try to see something else in you, and I react to you in different ways at different times because I have never seen you properly or wholly at any time, you would be horrified by this kind of attitude.

The world is really dissatisfied with us.

Nature may be said to be angry with us, as we may be angry with anyone who will not try to understand us and reacts piecemeal in respect of us – day by day changing his attitude towards us, like a chameleon.

If we would not brook piecemeal attention from people, why should the world tolerate this kind of attitude from us?

The world resents this kind of compartmentalised, piecemeal, distorted attitude of ours in respect of it, and so many a time it gives us a kick; and it is annoyed, which is often manifest in the process of nature.

Our sufferings – external, as well as internal – may be said to be natural to the consequences of our not understanding the world.

What do we lack, finally?

Not money, not social position.

We lack knowledge.

Swami Krishnananda

To be continued   ....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VEDANTA FOR BEGINNERS -1 : 24. : 7,8 & 9 - SWAMI SIVANANDA

VEDANTA FOR BEGINNERS -1.7 . SWAMI SIVANANDA

On Reason and Higher Life - 3 : Swami Krishnananda.