THE EGO SENSE:-

VEDANTA:-4.

If the ego in us  is the Samsarin, if ego is the tormentor, if ego is the enemy, let us spy on him more closely and come to know who he is. Once we know our enemy, we can plan our war against him.


Each of you now please ask this question to yourself: "Who is this? Or what constitutes this ego-sense in me?"Is not the 'I'-personality in each of us nothing but the memories of certain facts of life lived in the past such as, I am the son of so and so, educated, lived, loved, hated, taught, etc..? In short, I am the sum -total of all the retained memories of all vivid experiences I have had in the past. The 'I'-concept includes, also, my hopes for the future.


Pursuing our enquiry further, we shall. on analysis of the memory bits and hope-flakes, discover that they have only a reality with reference either to the dead past or the unborn future. That means the ego in me has no existence in the present moment; it thrives in the burial-ground of the dead hours and in the womb of time.[ to be cont-----d]

BY Swami Chinmayananda.          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VEDANTA FOR BEGINNERS -1 : 24. : 7,8 & 9 - SWAMI SIVANANDA

VEDANTA FOR BEGINNERS -1.7 . SWAMI SIVANANDA

On Reason and Higher Life - 3 : Swami Krishnananda.